Vocational Education and Training Awards Council
What is VETAC?
Belonging to the NQA, Vocational Education and Training Awards Council (VETAC) is a supervisory and regulatory body for VET at the federal level.
Among its remits are setting strategies and managing the quality assurance and control process of issuing vocational qualifications in accordance with approved regulations, standards, procedures and policies which are implemented by Awarding Bodies and registered training providers.
The roles and responsibilities of VETAC are to:
- Build a VET system that is responsible for developing and ensuring the quality of vocational qualifications that meet industry criteria and labor market requirements for a skilled workforce.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy with the industry, with a focus to enable them to contribute to the development Q+NOS.
- Endorse Q+NOS developed by industry sectors in the United Arab Emirates.
- Set principles of aligning levels of foreign vocational qualifications with appropriate levels in the QFEmirates.
- Develop and maintain awarding bodies systems, criteria and procedures.
- Endorse an integrated system for licensing assessors and internal and external verifiers
- Maximize the benefit of labor market data and intelligence in strategic planning and qualifications development.
What is the mechanism for getting Q+NOS products endorsed by VETAC?
Following the RNDC submission of the development project outputs (Q+NOS products), the steps below are followed:
- A specialized committee at NQA reviews the submitted documents and files as per NQA procedures. This step aims to:
- Ensure that the RNDC complied with Q+NOS development criteria and conditions, especially in providing evidence for proving the participation of representatives\experts at the national level.
- Ensure that all required documents of the occupational profile, functional analysis, NOS and national qualification(s) are available.
- Ensure that all data in the submitted documents are correct and accurate.
- In case of having comments on the submitted documents, the developer is notified to take action. In case of no comments, the specialized committee prepares a report to TVET Director, with recommendation for endorsement.
- The TVET Director presents the report to VETAC for consideration.
- In case of approval, a resolution is issued and circulated to awarding bodies and the developing party.